Our adoption process is in place to help make sure both the dogs and people are supported throughout this exciting new chapter. We are here to ensure the dogs safety and comfort, as well as, help you welcome a new family member. It is an exciting time for anyone to welcome a new furry member into their homes.
What is unique about us is that each dog with us goes through basic obedience training, and we are very strict when advertising if a dog is child, or other pet friendly. You can read more about how we operate here.
To help you understand the overall adoption process, we have broken it down into steps.
So let’s get started:
- When adopting we ask you to first think about what is your lifestyle and what type of dog you want to adopt. If you are not sure what is best for you, we cover some aspects here in our FAQ.
- Take a look at all the dogs we have available and we encourage you to enquire about more than one.
- Once you send in your request, we will be in touch within a few days. You will be asked to fill in an adoption questionnaire. Here is where you can view an example of our dog questionnaire.
- We take some time to read through it and we will contact you over email to set up a call.
- Once we’ve spoken we will ask you to come and meet/ visit your dog. Especially, if you have other pets we encourage you to introduce them in a safe space that is not your home for the first time.
- If all goes as planned, there is a one month probationary period. This is a period for both you and the dog to get to know each other.
- If the adoption is successful, we will get you to sign all the adoption paperwork, and transfer the microchip ownership of the dog from our organisation to yourself.
- If after the month is up (or earlier), and you and your dog are not happy we take the dog back to us.
Please note, if you do not live in Serbia and want to adopt from Serbia, we support that as well, and have contacts for European adoptions. For more information in this situation please contact us directly.